The vacancy of CAD Manager has arisen within the Engineering function to oversee the busy CAD helpdesk and directly manage the skilled engineers who provide support and training to the engineering function. Reporting to the Head of CAE, this role is responsible for maintaining and improving upon the high levels of support to the Engineering user base, as well as oversight of training material and delivery.
Other responsibilities expected of this role are:
* Maintenance of standards and environments.
* Administration of the Windchill PDM tool with support to the PLM implementation as required.
* Creation of advanced and specialist training material (initially around structural tools such as AutoCAD Mechanical, CATIA Sheet Metal Design, Surfacing, etc).
* Convergence of standards across functions.
* Convergence of policies across the group.
* Ownership and maintenance of departmental procedures, including Digital Product Definition.
* Management of departmental priorities and workload.
* Liaison with internal customers/suppliers (Manufacturing/Planning departments) to ensure optimum workflows and delivery of design data.
* Conflict resolution.
This role would suit an individual who is already in a similar role, or one with a good knowledge of multiple CAD tools (CATIA, AutoCAD Mechanical, Mentor Graphics) in complex environments looking to progress their career. The ideal candidate would possess basic programming skills such as VBA or Java Scripting to enhance functionality through the programmable application interfaces.
A level of confidence and assertiveness is required in order to juggle a number of high priority tasks with pressing deadlines, and to negotiate with stakeholders at different levels of the organisation.
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
* Competitive base salary
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Generous company pension scheme
* Access to a healthcare plan
* An excellent flexible benefit scheme
* Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.
This is a permanent role and Aeropeople are operating as an employment agency managing the recruitment services for Marshall ADG. We are a leading global technical services provider with specialist teams dealing with the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
Posted 22 Nov 2017
Closes 22 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Design engineer, Software engineer