Duty Manager (Cleaning) - Flightcare Multiservices
Aberdeen City, Scotland
Please note: This position is for Flightcare Multiservices, a subsidiary of Swissport, is permanent full time (40 hours per week) offering a salary of £20,000 per annum. The successful candidate must have a full clean UK/EU driving licence, a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and be available to work variable shift patterns.
To provide a flexible, responsive and efficient day to day cleaning operation at the allocated airport for which you are responsible, ensuring that customer requirements are met and exceeded within the appropriate budget. Customer contact and management of the team to ensure that the highest standards are achieved is very important. Health and Safety Policies, Ramp Awareness and Operational Excellence will play a key part in this role.
- Supervise the smooth running of the day to day cleaning operation
- Supervision, support and development of the cleaning teams, identifying training requirements as appropriate
- Daily review of stocks for example, dressings, blankets, toilet kits and magazines and supply to the aircraft for excellent service delivery
- Ensure that the cleaning team receives the necessary induction and training to maximise recruitment and staff retention
- Maintain a proactive and positive approach to customer requirements, referring where necessary to the Station Manager
- Ensure that you deal with, in a timely manner, all aspects of Recruitment, Health and Safety, Training, Performance Management and all Company Policies including Grievance, Disciplinary and Equal Opportunities to ensure that the needs of the business are met, seeking support from the respective senior management team where necessary.
- Play a proactive part in meeting the Company Business objectives
- Contribute to the monthly status reports, detailing current staffing levels and variances to budget, together with any operational delays / incidents, additional work achieved etc. and any other detail as from time to time may be required.
- Ensure relevant administration duties (daily, weekly, monthly) as required by Head Office are completed
- To ensure compliance to relevant ISO Quality standards
- Comply with all UK / Ireland / EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) skills and experience required
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience
- Proven experience gained in either Cleaning, Aviation, Ground Handling or similar industry
- Ability to monitor and control stock
- Good working knowledge of Aviation Operations
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and use own initiative
- Full valid driving licence essential
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any pro
- Full time
Posted 22 Nov 2017
Closes 21 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Airline customer service
Recommended, similar jobs
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Swissport International Ltd
Greater London, England
Swissport International Ltd