R&D Manufacturing Engineer
Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Job Title: R&D Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Duration: 6 months
Description of the Job:
A new role has been created for a Manufacturing Engineering (ME) inside the project team based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK. The scope of this role is to identify, mature and deliver new technology solutions for the production of a UAV and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in line with future anticipated business requirements.
The successful applicant with report to the ME Manager and join the business unit (operationally and functionally) in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
As a key member of the production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to identify, assess, develop and prepare for delivery a broad range of technology advancements suitable for the production system for UAV's platforms (Mechanical, Electrical/ Avionics). You will:
· Act as the focal point for internal and external global stakeholders with proposed technology solutions for production.
· Produce and maintain the Production technology roadmap.
· Perform production technology benchmarking and market watch to identify and select suitable technologies for requirements.
· Plan, launch and run projects to deliver technologies into production against needs
· Secure and control external funding where appropriate for technology maturation or acceleration towards the UAV's needs.
· Assess technologies against business benefit and propose plans to introduce at appropriate timeframes. This will include delivery of draft business cases for assessment.
· Demonstrate Business Benefits realisation for all technology deployed.
· Collaboration with procurement and supply chain activities to ensure full value chain advancement and exploitation of technology advancements.
· Perform supplier technology benchmarking
· Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain as required.
· Support to Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams
· Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance)
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Innovative, agile and self-driven in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Educated to degree level in an mechanical / electrical or manufacturing engineering discipline
· Proven experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role to demonstrate:
o Knowledge of aircraft or space equipment production assembly, aircraft wiring, avionic system installation and testing techniques.
o Experience creating, standardising or improving production systems, teams and facilities.
o Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues
· Excellent communication skills.
· Able to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
· IT & CAD Skills
· English to Negotiation Level
· Flexibility to support multiple locations.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 21 Nov 2017
Closes 21 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Composites