Supplier Quality Engineer
To ensure the supplier adheres to relevant aerospace requirements. Improve and develop suppliers to reduce lead times using lean initiatives that will improve Quality, Cost and Delivery.
Based at the supplier in Cambridge 90% of the time. The other 10% will be working from head office to ensure actions are fed into the business and back to supplier.
The position will need to include building partnerships with suppliers, someone who can work on their own initiative, willing to travel and work away from home. Being fully conversant with aerospace requirements and a good understanding of regulatory requirements (AS9100) would be preferred. Willingness to undertake work outside normal working hours when necessary.
Key Authorities and Responsibilities:
* Acting as key focal/lead at supplier to ensure that quality, cost and delivery KPI are met
* Developing suppliers to improve QCD of products
* Liaising between multiple sites to ensure that quality defects, issues and complaints are quickly identified, managed and contained and an appropriate countermeasure is implemented
* Validation of preventative actions
* Write and issue applicable action plans, drive improvement within supplier
* Resolve Supplier Technical Issues
* Flow Down the requirements of ISO 9001/AS 9100, PART145/21 and internal procedural requirements to suppliers.
* Understanding technical drawings / data and improve between design and supplier (DFM).
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Proven experience within a similar role / environment - ideally Aerospace however a similar sector will be considered i.e. Automotive.
* Quality and process experience.
* Auditor trained to AS9100 Rev C preferred.
* Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge
* Composite experience an advantage
Prime Working Relationships:
* Suppliers, Operations, Purchasing, Quality, Programme Management.
* Must hold a valid full UK Driving License.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30 - 35 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 17 Nov 2017
Closes 17 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Quality control