Quality Systems Engineer
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Carbon60 are seeking a Quality Systems Engineer for a large international aerospace company based in Gloucester.
As the Quality Systems Engineer you will be required to report to the Quality Director.
You will be required to coordinate a number of quality disciplines. While positioned within the Part 21 environment, the QSE will be responsible for the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS), writing procedures and processes to support the QMS development.
You will be required to undertake audits across all areas of the business as well as across the supply chain, provide training and champion the Quality Management System developing Quality strategy, policies, processes, standards and systems for the Company and its supply chain. The QSE shall have a very strong understanding of working to regulatory and Aerospace regulations/standards e.g. AS 9100, EASA Part 21G, EASA Part 21G and shall also possess a good technical understanding of design and manufacturing processes.
· Maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System.
· Identify QMS improvement opportunities and apply statistical and problem solving techniques to improve and sustain product quality and process effectiveness.
· Manage the business understanding of, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Schedule and lead regulatory, Customer and internal audits.
· Develop quality aspects of New Product Introduction, including development & execution of work plans aligned with business targets.
· Identify and implement departmental and business quality training and maintaining training records.
· Proactive participation in continuous improvement program.
· Lead quality investigations, including effective RCCA analysis and engineering / operational feedback to identify trends and eradicate systemic issues.
Requirements of the individual:
· Must be able to confidently interact with both customer and regulatory bodies.
· Strong knowledge of quality systems and a working knowledge of business systems.
· Strong knowledge of quality planning techniques (APQP, PPAP, FMEA etc).
· Accredited auditor with problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes.
· Must have excellent written and oral skills and the ability to present data effectively.
· HNC or HND qualification desired, or relevant experience ideally in an engineering or manufacturing discipline.
· Full driving license.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 13 Nov 2017
Closes 13 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Quality control