Coventry, West Midlands, England
The role is to strengthen the existing engineering team within a design capacity. It is crucial that you have great knowledge of Solidworks, as you will liaise between sub contract design functions and develop initial design schemes through a working manufacture packs.
It would be an advantage for you to have a good understanding of precision machined fabrications within either the defence and/ or aerospace markets.
I would like an individual that is ideally degree educated within an engineering capacity, a working knowledge of general engineering terms and symbols is also essential so that you can read and generate basic engineering drawings for the shop floor to work with, in conjunction with customer generated designs.
In addition to the above, this role will act as a supportive function to the day to day technical queries that arise from the shop floor. The successful individual will need to generate methods of manufacturing that are applicable to the product, taking into account material, size, weight, complexity, and batch size.
Whilst this description is not exhaustive it forms the majority of tasks to be undertaken with the role
* SolidWorks is essential to the role - you must be able to create and interpret engineering drawings.
* Feel confident and comfortable with speaking to customers.
* A strong knowledge of fabrication and machining industry.
* Working knowledge of various methods of manufacture.
* NHC/ Degree educated within an engineering capacity or experience equivalent within industry.
* General Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of aluminium alloys and general steels.
Monday - Thursday - 07:30 - 13:00 13:00 - 16:00
Friday - 07:30 - 12:30
28 flexible days with 8 statutory days
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 25000 - 27000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 10 Nov 2017
Closes 10 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer