MaltaSR Technics is one of the world’s leading providers of technical solutions to airlines. Through our integrated service solutions we make sure our customer airlines have airworthy aircraft ready and available to fly. To and from any destination. Around the clock, around the globe.
The Production Planner is responsible for opening, selecting, co-ordinating, allocating and releasing of job cards for routine maintenance tasks, modifications and repairs of different maintenance projects in Malta. The incumbent will be supporting the Planning Manager in the daily running and overlooking of the aircraft projects. The role will also include an element of event controlling, and will include tasks such as setting up and regularly checking the accounting tree and correct issues during ground time, based on the conditions defined in the contract for the project.
- Monitor, modify and clear open work lists before and during ground time;
- Prepare, co-ordinate and release bill of work;
- Prepare work package for production;
- Inform methodic referring to errors on job cards and implement improvement;
- Print job cards for Malta events;
- Prepare work package for the Malta operation and hand over job cards to production;
- Support and monitor paperwork closure of the check;
- Support Planning Manager in the running of aircraft project;
- Support Bay Manager office during aircraft closing;
- Implement work package changes and coordinate bill of work during ground time;
- Build work breakdown structure (WBS) accounting tree set up in SAP and assign PM activity according to the contract conditions;
- Create the project in the AWR tool (WAT) and create over and above AWRs for all tasks exceeding the repair limit during ground time (man hours and material);
- Recognize additional work that is not covered by contract and issue Additional work requests (AWR) in agreement with the Programme/Account Manager;
- Implement SAP data into the AWR (WAT) and correct of necessary (as agreed with the Programme/Account Manager);
- Verify and correct the accounting tree in SAP according to the contract/work package revisions during ground time;
- Check man hours and materials in SAP for not contracted and chargeable items during and at the end of ground time;
- Monitor and investigate significant deviations in the budget vs KPIs actual figures and assist to provide clear explanations;
- Create estimate or pre-approval AWRs if needed and create the final AWRs for additional work during ground time;
- Approve and negotiate AWRs with Customers;
- Prepare the complete AWR final package and hand over customer signed final AWRs to the invoicing department;
- Archive hard copies of the AWRs;
- Scan AWRs and archive electronically in Sharepoint;
- Execute any other task commensurate with the role.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess between 3 to 5 years of work experience as an aircraft maintenance technician or experience working within a Planning Department/Groundtime coordination office;
- Be knowlegable on aircraft documentation;
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Be diligent and have strong attention to detail;
- Be a good team player with an aptitude for leadership;
- Be a good communicator, confident and is able to problem solve.
- Knowledge of SAP and of Airbus narrow body aircrafts will be considered an asset.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aviation industry. Direct applications will be treated with priority.
- Full time
Posted 10 Nov 2017
Closes 9 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Planning engineer