Manager Quality Assurance
United Arab Emirates
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the award winning "MRO Service Provider of the Year" Etihad Airways Engineering in the Quality and Safety Department at Managerial level.
As Manager Quality Assurance, you will add immediate value by ensuring organizational compliance to GCAA approvals, internal authorisation’s, and licensing related activities.You will also be responsible for supporting the establishment and development of the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) in response to United Arab Emirates Civil Aviation Law, and General Civil Aviation Authority SMS requirements.
This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
Implement the Function/Department strategy to ensure alignment with Company's strategy
- Policies and Procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Budget Management
Contribute to the preparation of the Function/Department budget to ensure alignment with the approved set budget
- Day-to-Day Operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- People Development
Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize performance
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Participate in the development of all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures and comply with them to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Manage the process of applications to NAA’s for initial, Renewal and Extensions to company approvals, including the applicable fee payment.
- Manage the process of development and revisions to company expositions in support of NAA Approvals and applicable changes.
- Manage the process of company authorisation applications and the application process for granting or endorsement of Maintenance Engineer Licences, including chairing of Authorisation Assessment Boards.
- Manage and develop team performance, including completion of performance reviews.
- Represents the organisation in official industry meetings/seminars providing feedback as applicable.
- Manage the regular review and assessment of Regulatory Requirements for identification of changes that may affect company approvals, systems and procedures.
- Manage NAA component capabilities extension (airframe and workshops) in accordance with the published organisational procedures and supporting documents as required
- Communicates and coordinates with the relevant post holders and managers on issues relating to regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Manage the monitoring of Quality and Safety processes of the Design and Production Organisation in support of Part 21 Sub Part J & G approvals, including capability development, compliance monitoring and production quality control activities
- Accomplish allocated projects, duties and responsibilities as required by SMQA and VPQ&S in supporting of their responsibilities.
Qualification & Education
- CAR/PART 66 AMEL or Academic Degree in a Technical Discipline
- Auditor training (preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred)
- At least 10 years of aviation experience and have demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the regulatory fields / scopes.
- At least 5 years working within an aviation quality system
- Business Understanding skills - Excellent
- Leadership - Excellent
- Planning&Organizing skills - Excellent
- Report Writing skills - Advanced
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways Engineering, Etihad Airport Services, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in six airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, more than 110 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of over 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2
- Full time
Posted 9 Nov 2017
Closes 8 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control