Gatwick, West Sussex, England
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Our client is a large supplier of commercial aircraft components. They deal with the sale, exchange lease and repair of rotable components.
Job title: Business Analyst
Salary expectations: Circa £40,000 (DoE)
The Business Analyst whilst reporting directly to the Finance Director in Head Office, will also provide direct analytical support to the Director Airframe Services and CCO. Headline objectives are to streamline the financial appraisal process for proposals, analyse trends from existing projects and sales and inventory data with the goal of increasing efficiencies.
The role will be expected to act as a key member of the commercial deal team and will consequently be involved within the wider scope of the company's anticipated sales growth as new services are offered.
Although primarily office based, occasional travel will be required. Reporting in to the centralized Finance Function in Caerphilly the role requires good communication skills and ability to maintain key relationships, and work closely with a range of stakeholders, applicants must have a current valid passport and driving licence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
* Working with the Deal Team to compile the Financial Appraisal of Power by The Hour, Operating Lease, Finance Lease proposals & other services that the company may offer.
* Analyze data from existing projects and feed trends back through the Appraisal System
* Analyze sales and repair data to improve forecasting accuracy and boost sales
* Assist with budget preparation
* Monthly variance analysis and project tracking
* Gatekeeper of Data Integrity
* Any other duties as directed by the Director of Finance as appropriate to level of experience
Education and/or Experience:
* Educated to a minimum of degree level
* Potentially CCAB Qualified Accountant
Potentially Background in banking, Private Equity or Investment management
* A practical interest in aviation and engineering.
* Foreign language skills always a useful addition but not essential
* Bright, enthusiastic self-starter with a hands on can do approach
* Adaptable and able to grow within a fast moving environment
* Strong Excel and IT skills.
* Strong understanding of Investment appraisal techniques in particular DCF, IRR, ToC
Experience of working with 'Big Data'.
Ability to work in the Crawley area
* A willingness and enthusiasm to learn.
* Strong communication skills
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to work using own initiative.
* Able to work within a small team of highly motivated individuals in a fast moving entrepreneurial working environment.
- £ 40000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 8 Nov 2017
Closes 6 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Airline sales