MaltaSR Technics Malta Limited forms part of the SR Technics Group, a world-wide independent aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul organisation having its Head Quarters in Zurich, Switzerland. SR Technics Malta set up its operations locally in 2010 and is presently expanding its Malta operations. The company, which operates from its facility in Safi Aviation Park, is looking to recruit the following positions:
Forming part of the Support Shop team, the Cabin Mechanic carries out maintenance tasks on aircraft cabin and interior items. This role supports technicians in the removal and installation of all cabin equipment such as carpets, seats, lining and safety equipment. The Cabin Mechanic carries out repairs of all cabin and interior items as necessary.
- Perform inspections, damage repairs, component and part replacements on aircraft cabin and interior components and parts according to his / her current authorization level and sign-off privileges;
- Refurbish and restore the aircraft’s interior to a high level standard in line with the customer requirements and specifications by performing tasks such as:
- o Engaging in a thorough inspection of the overall cabin condition prior to the start of a maintenance input check in order to establish work requirements;
- o Removing, inspecting, repairing and finally re-installing of passenger and crew seats;
- o Replacing of cabin textile and non-textile carpets;
- o Replacing and repairing of cabin interior decor panel linings and furnishings;
- o Inspecting and repairing of cabin floor panels;
- o Repairing and replacing of galley and lavatory defective parts and components;
- o Inspecting and checking the condition and serviceability of on board safety and emergency equipment;
- o Replacing damaged decals, ensuring that all mandatory placards are in place according to regulations;
- o Inspecting and repairing of cargo hold panels and linings;
- o Inspecting, repairing and replacing of aircraft insulation blankets;
- o Restoring, preparing and dressing the cabin interior to the required level of standard in preparation of aircraft redelivery to the customer.
- Engage in any other task commensurate with the role.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess adequate work experience as a Cabin Mechanic; and/or
- Have experience in a similar industry or trade such as carpentry or upholstery;
- Have a strong demonstrated commitment to detail, precise and high quality work;
- Be a good team player;
- Be ready to work shifts including weekends.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aviation industry. Direct applications will be treated with priority.
- Full time
Posted 7 Nov 2017
Closes 6 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic