Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ONLY.
London Luton Airport Ramp Agent
This position will involve working both on the ramp and on the baggage belts. You will be working in all weather conditions to provide an efficient service transporting passengers bags from the terminal buildings to the aircraft and from the aircraft to the baggage halls. This role involves continuous heavy lifting where bags can weigh up to 35kg.
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 29 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler
Location : Luton Airport
Contract: Temporary Contract
Hours: 37.5 hour working week with extra hours when required
Shifts: Between 04.30 starts and 23.00 finish (with flexibility if flights are late)
A mix of shifts including 4 days on 4 days off, 6 days on 3 days off and 4 days on 2 days off so total flexibility required. Weekends and Bank Holiday working required where shift pattern dictates
Salary: £8.00-£9.00 per hour
* Good command/understanding of the English language required
* UK manual Driving Licence required (Max 6 points). No Drink or Drug Driving Offences accepted.
* Receiving bags from check-in
* Sorting bags by flight
* Checking bag labels for errors and redirecting to correct flight
* Loading and unloading bags from the aircraft hold and baggage belt
* Transporting bags to the aircraft by way of electric tugs
* Driving various airside vehicles (once trained)
* Backing-up steps and ramp to the aircraft
* Continuous heavy lifting (up to 35kgs)
* Working indoor and out in all weather conditions
* Fast paced environment
Applicants must be able to supply:
* FULL 5 year work/unemployment/education history and have lived in the UK for the last 5 years
* Valid Passport
* Proof of National Insurance
* Proof of address
* Full manual UK Driving Licence (Free of any Drink or Drug Offences)
* Must have no unspent criminal convictions or cautions
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
- £ 8 - 9 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 7 Nov 2017
Closes 5 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Baggage handler