Dublin, South Australia, Australia
Vacancy Notice - EFB Administrator
The EFB administrator is the designated person responsible for the management of our clinets EFB platform. The EFB administrator will be the person in overall charge of the EFB system, and will be responsible for ensuring that any hardware conforms to the required specification, and that no unauthorised software is installed. They will also be responsible for ensuring that only the current version of the application software and data packages are installed on the EFB systems. The EFB Administrator will support and be supported by the Ops Librarian in carrying out their duties.
In particular, the EFB administrator is responsible for:
- Ensuring that any hardware conforms to the required specification, and all software applications installed on the EFB;
- The applications installed and for providing training and support to management and EFB users on these applications;
- Checking potential security issues associated with the applications installed on the EFB;
- Hardware and software configuration management, and for ensuring, in particular, that no unauthorised software is installed;
- Ensuring that only a valid version of the application software and current data packages are installed on the EFB system;
- Ensuring the integrity of the data packages used by the applications;
- Control and tracking of company EFB devices including revision status;
- Control the stock of backup EFB devices and coordinate the temporary replacement of devices as required;
- Recording, responding to, and administering an effective system of feedback on the performance of the EFB, and any applicable software installed therein;
- Engaging with Suppliers of hardware, software and databases as required in the development & administration of our Clients EFB platform;
- Coordination of all proposed additions, changes or amendments to EFB procedures with the nominated person for Flight Operations and Airworthiness, or their deputies as applicable;
- Ensuring that the EFB Administration Manual is updated and maintained in accordance with applicable regulations and mandatory\/company standards;
- Reporting of any issues identified to the nominated persons for Flight Operations, Airworthiness, and the Accountable Manager, as applicable;
- Coordinating with and supporting the Ops Librarian in maintaining the compliance of the Ops Library;
- Additional duties & responsibilities as instructed by the Operations Director.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong computer skills;
- Knowledge of Airline Ops systems and processes;
- Knowledge of applicable EFB requirements and regulations;
- Good knowledge of Apple iPad & iOS;
- Good communication and documentation skills;
- High degree of professional \/ personal flexibility;
- Experience in providing application support to end users (desirable but not essential);
- Must have right to live, work and travel across our expanding network, continually hold a valid passport, be fluent in spoken\/written English, and the ability to hold a Dublin Airport Airside ID.
Hours of Work: Normally office based, however flexibility is expected. Travel to other locations may be necessary on occasion, in support of customer engagement, projects or training requirements.
Interested internal candidates are invited to send an up to date c.v. and cover letter to Apply , no later than close of business on Friday, September 1st.
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.
- Full time
Posted 7 Nov 2017
Closes 6 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Airline administration