Senior Flight Operations Engineer
Due to continued expansion our Client is looking to recruit a Senior Flight Operations Engineer to support the operations of their B747-400\/-8 airplanes. The successful candidate will have day to day and strategic responsibilities supporting the Chief Technical Pilot. This will include the maintenance and development of procedures, tools, and hardware, for flight crew use. Performance of required duties will require interaction and coordination with airplane engineering departments, support vendors, in addition to airplane and subsystem manufacturer representatives. In addition, a familiarity with EASA OPS and Boeing operational systems and procedures is desired.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Familiarity and experience with EU-OPS, and other foreign regulatory requirements
- Experience maintaining Avionics\/Datalink configuration and tools
- Experience using Boeing manuals, flight operations engineering programs, utilities, and service tools
- Project Management and Communication – strong written and spoken skills as required to promote collaboration and optimization of projects and initiatives
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience) is desired, with minimum 5 years of experience in airline flight operations.
- Experience and skills as required to support the accomplishment of Main Duties listed below
- Manage Flight Technical and other organizational projects within budget, time, and quality standards.
- Maintain avionics and datalink configuration, including software and database versions (FMC, ACARS, EGPWS, Satcom, ECL, Boeing e-Enabling, etc.)
- EFB configuration management, including OPT updates and validation, JeppFD data management, etc.
- New and in-service airplane equipment and configuration management (cockpit and emergency equipment), to include definition of iPad mounts iPads, demo kit, flashlights, first aid, O2 bottles, briefing cards, safety equipment.
- Maintain revise and publish EASA Operations Manuals (OM-A\/-B\/C, MEL, etc.). Support development, validation, and revision, of normal, supplementary, and non-normal flight crew procedures.
- FDM\/QAR data management and analysis
- Assist in performance monitoring and route planning to include airfield assessment, terminal area performance and route assessment, as well as drift down and escape routes development.
Senior Flight Operations Engineer has rights to:
- Require and receive all the necessary information and materials from managers and specialists
- Make proposals of process and procedures improvements related to his\/her job description responsibilities
- Enhance his\/her professional skills through participation in seminars, internships, training courses, including separation from main duties performing (if agreed with the direct manager)
- Make decisions within his\/her competence
The Senior Flight Operations Engineer should have the ability to multi-task whilst being proactive and having the ability to use their own initiative. In addition, the Senior Flight Operations Engineer will carry the ability to negotiate with suppliers, to remain cost effective and uphold a professional image to internal and external suppliers. The successful candidate also will have disciplinary responsibility for quality and timely execution of functions assigned to him\/her and efficient use of rights provided here-under.
Salary to be discussed at interview.
All applicants must hold an EU passport or have the right to work in the UK.
- Full time
- Boeing 747-400
Posted 7 Nov 2017
Closes 6 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Flight engineer