Avionics Manufacturing Engineer
Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Job Title: Avionics Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Duration: 5 months
Are you an accomplished Manufacturing Engineer with experience in Electronics Engineering within an Avionics or Aerospace environment? Do you have a strong understanding of manufacturing engineering disciplines and processes? If yes, my client - a leading Defence & Aerospace company - will want to see your CV! Please read on and apply below:
Tasks & Accountabilities:
As a key member of the Production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to provide hands-on enablement of design intent into a qualified lean production system for a UAVs platforms to Safety, Quality, Cost and Time through:
· Creating MRP system shop floor routings / job card definitions / shop floor standard operating instructions(SOIs) / quality care cards
· Definition of electronics/avionics and wiring tooling and test solutions.
· Technical dossiers and support to procurement activities, supply chain monitoring and Make v Buy decisions (including benchmarking).
· Use of the CAD & PLM toolset and BOM (SAP) administration/configuration control (co-ordinate with design)
· Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain.
· Application of APQP as appropriate
· Perform Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams
· Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance)
· Liaison with Manufacturing System Engineering. (Process flow, line balancing, capital investment items, facilities requirements)
You will also be responsible for:
· Deriving production KPIs in conjunction with operations teams.
· Continuous Improvement of the production system in line with business targets
· Enable Health and Safety target achievement.
· Enablement of the "Right First Time" Quality culture with associated business systems and feedback loops
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Innovative, agile and self-driven in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Educated to degree level in an electronic / avionics engineering discipline
· Strong experience in an electrical Manufacturing Engineering discipline
· Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft or space electronics hardware production, aircraft wiring, avionic system installation and testing techniques.
· Experience creating, standardising or improving electrical production systems, teams and facilities.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues
· Able to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
· IT & CAD Skills
· English to Negotiation Level
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 6 Nov 2017
Closes 6 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Avionics engineer