Sun Valley, Arizona, United States
Genera] job Description
Responsible for the planning activities related to hydraulic and mechanical components to support
capabilities provided by the PEP Team for production within the various departments of the
company, as necessary. An Overhaul Planning Engineer Tech may be assigned to one or more
departments depending upon the company needs at the time.
This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned task. May be assigned
some or all duties indicated below depending on job progression level.
- Disposition shop routers while ensuring the correct processes are utilized under the
guidance of the governing overhaul manual and customer requirements.
- Maintain the engineering Bill of Materials while ensuring traceability of parts and
- Keep abreast of the latest changes, i.e. AD's, Service Bulletins, and company programs
that may affect the job assignment.
- Interface with Production Control, Quality Control, and shop personnel to ensure the
timely flow of parts through the shop.
- Compile and review all necessary information to complete a cost advice to determine
feasibility of repair of selected components.
- Assemble and review work packages to be forwarded to Quality Control at the
completion of the overhaul cycle.
- Verify that incoming purchase orders are complete and understandable
- Organize and maintain the non-repairable parts (NRP) area.
- Ensure that necessary forms, computer paper, and other required supplies are on hand
at all times.
- Forward copses of the receiving log to the appropriate departments.
- interface with Receiving, Assembly, and Production Control to ensure the timely issuance
of necessary documents.
- Assist in the training of junior PEP Planners.
- Provide job assignments based on the production schedule to ensure the timely flow of
parts through the department.
- Dictate and maintain agency requirements of life limited / tracked components as they
travel through the shop.
- Dictate and maintain work order configuration requirements and ensure the appropriate
shop routers and Bill of Materials are issued, as required. Generate and forward Bills of
Material and shop routers to the appropriate areas.
- Coordinate technical issues with the OEM, DER, customer, and suppliers.
- Create and implement routers and Bills of Material.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Two (2) years of work experience within an aerospace engineering environment; particularly in Overhaul Production with document requirements for processing components through a repair / overhaul cycle (Minimum Qualification).
- A&P License preferred not required
- Proficient in the use of PC based computer systems working with Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning skills with a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of machining and processing of high strength steel parts and ail related
refinishing techniques, i.e. stress relieving, shot peening, and chrome and/or nickel
- Full knowledge of and experience with MIL-I-45208.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to accept and complete assignments with a minimum
of supervision, yet able to work within integrated product teams.
- Able to interact with various departments to ensure the timely completion of necessary
- Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks.
- Able to read and understand technical publications (i.e. component maintenance manuals,
engineering orders, service bulletins, drawings, etc.).
- Knowledge of aircraft hydraulic, mechanical systems, and components (i.e. actuators,
- Able to interact and work closely with customers.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Able to organize and prioritize job tasks.
A.S/ A.A. preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 31 Oct 2017
Closes 30 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Rotary engineer