Engineering Design Lead
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
Job Title: Engineering Design Leader
Exciting new permanent opportunity for a permanent Engineering Design Leader to join one of our well-established clients based in Huntingdon.
As a newly created role in the business we are looking for a passionate and driven engineer with ideally 21G Aerospace experience to lead, mentor and coordinate the TRB design team. The primary function of the department is the creation and maintenance of design documents, drawings, calculations and associated test and validation data.
Core/ Key Responsibilities:
* 5 years plus experience working within a 21G/J aerospace interior trim environment performing a design and development leadership role.
* Good knowledge of composite materials, manufacturing processes and typical aerospace interior trim parts plus hardware.
* Strong solidworks CAD skills (or similar) plus analytical capability.
* Ability to work well in dynamic situations, think on their feet, troubleshoot and provide timely and prompt technical support as needed.
* Undertake design and development of products from concept to operation including system definition, specification, prototyping and validation as well as drawing creation. Familiar with the creating of DFMEA's.
* Ensure products meet specification, function, design and business performance requirements in accordance with recognised industry standards, safety and regulations.
* Effective time management and project coordination skills.
* Understanding of drawing and documentation configuration management.
* To undertake any other duty as reasonably requested by their line manager.
Qualification and skills:
* Have previous experience supervising a small team and overseeing the design and development of composite parts, panels and/or structures such as aircraft floor and cargo panels through to structural cubicles and monuments.
* Be a self-starter with problem solving talent, able to self-management and work independently as well as motivate and work with a team.
* Possess excellent communication with strong interpersonal skills.
* Hold suitable engineering qualifications/work experience applicable to the job role and have ideally received EASA 21G/J training
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on Applyor visit our website Apply
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
Posted 26 Oct 2017
Closes 25 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Design engineer