Senior MRO Vendor Executive
West Sussex, England
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Senior MRO Vendor Executive
Location: West Sussex
Our client is a global provider of aircraft component services. They now require a Head of MRO on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Job:
To play a critical role in helping to achieve company objectives with regards to the key processes within MRO. The Senior MRO Vendor Executive will be expected to demonstrate an ability to motivate others, generate and trial ideas to improve efficiency and be capable of deputising for Team Leaders when required. Seniors must lead by example and ensure standards are instilled in Staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate leadership skills including the ability to understand and maximise the motivation of individual team members in the absence of the Team Leader
* Help prioritise workload and assist the Team Leader by providing approachable on-going support and direction towards individual team members
* Support the Team Leader in the maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as agreed with the management team.
* Communicate ideas to the Team Leader and help facilitate any data collection or associated activity as required to implement change in a structured process.
* Help identify staff training requirements and work with the Team Leader to assist in the implementation of suitable supported development programmes.
* Upon identification of performance issue, discuss with Team Leader any action points related to supporting individual team members.
* Supporting the Team Leader in maintaining and ensuring team compliance with relevant company procedures.
* Representing the team in meetings upon absence of the Team Leader
* Day to day communication with allocated vendors to ensure productive relationships are maintained.
* Ensuring we are maximising stock optimisation opportunities through expediting
* Overseeing Zendesk ticketing system ensuring tickets are actioned in a timely manner
* Ensuring back-to-back order progressing is monitored and reviewed
* Actively negotiate reductions in repair shop quotations
* Reviewing and approving quotations up to $10,000
* Ensure that embodiment loans or donor units are sourced and supplied
* Ensuring KPIs are being met and performance is in line with Customer contracted terms
* Dealing with any escalated queries
* Potential visits to Vendors
* Any other reasonable and appropriate tasks as requested by the management team in order to meet the needs of the business.
* Excellent analytical kills
* Strong customer service skills
* Good presentation skills
* Proven negotiation skills
* Ability to deputise and share responsibility for the performance of the team.
* Good commercial acumen together with the ability to take a timely and considered decision.
* Passionate and commitment to meeting targets.
* Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and in writing, dealing with a range of audiences inside and outside the organisation.
* Ability to represent the team in internal meetings.
* Knowledge and experience of critically reviewing processes with a view to identifying and implementing potential efficiencies.
* Demonstrated competence in computer skills including proficiency in popular Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience within Commercial Aviation industry preferable, particularly in a component trading or MRO environment.
* Good educational background.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Carla Olliver at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency
- £ 24500 - 26000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 26 Oct 2017
Closes 23 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Composites