Materials Test Technician
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Materials Test Technician
Exciting PERMANENT Materials Test Technician position based in Stevenage!!!
Our client a well established Composite organisation based in Stevenage is looking to add an experienced Materials Test Technician to their expanding team.
Manage the day to day running of the test laboratory with accountability for producing test results in a timely and accurate fashion. Carry out mechanical test activities to support production, engineering and quality, communicating effectively with these departments and the rest of the business.
Candidates will need to be capable of working with written, verbal and numerical information in order to develop a good understanding of standards and test specifications and translate these into manufacturing test pieces to correctly represent products' actual mechanical properties. A knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is important to enable accurate and concise reporting/recording of test results to the relevant departments. Candidates will also need to be able to work independently and flexibly with a general good understanding of projects and manage the priorities of the varied workload in line with these.
* Cut and prepare test specimens to relevant test specifications and standards.
* Perform mechanical testing to the relevant test specifications and standards.
* Perform material re-life and maintain re-life database.
* Perform goods-in testing and produce reports for stores.
* Produce detailed reports/NCR's of test results
* To write test programs for new projects for Zwick Universal Test Machine
* Produce and maintain records and databases with full traceability back to the materials in the stores.
* Ensure all Testlab equipment is maintained and in calibration.
* Responsible for Health and Safety within the Testlab.
* Ensure Testlab consumables are in plentiful supply.
* Responsible for the storage and disposal of test pieces as by contract.
* Perform Fennay safety training in the machine room.
* Supervise and train apprentices and staff when working in the Testlab.
* Proactively seek to improve the Testlab's working practices and equipment.
Full training (including online Word/Excel training courses that can be accessed to develop IT skills) will be provided to the successful applicant.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
- Full time
Posted 25 Oct 2017
Closes 24 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Composites