Quality & Safety Specialist
Gatwick, West Sussex, England
Quality & Safety Specialist
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Quality & Safety Specialist based in London Gatwick.
Following a recent expansion, our client, the UK's number one low cost airline, is currently looking to expand their team at Gatwick with an experienced Quality & Safety Specialist.
The Quality and Safety Specialist is responsible to the Quality & Safety Manager, as part of the Policy & Standards team, providing technical knowledge, operational support, and an internal compliance/audit function to the Customer Ops team.
The compliance support function encompasses an end-to-end compliance oversight covering both front and back-of-house areas.
* Responsible for the delivery of the internal audit function within Ground Operations, ensuring that all audits are conducted and documented within corporate guidelines as defined by the Safety Management System.
* Provide induction training, mentoring support, and support material to new and existing members of the Ground Ops team
* Responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of Standards Assurance and BOH training, briefing and support material
* Responsible for supporting the new airport start-up and handler change process, via the assessment, support, briefing, and auditing of new airports/suppliers to embed standards and specific operational requirement
* Provide support at a local station level on delivery of departmental KPIs in all compliance-management and back-of-house performance areas including standards assurance, turnaround efficiencies, baggage management, etc.
* Support investigation of key safety events as required, including position of "Lead Investigator" where appointed
* Responsible for the maintenance of core Ground Ops Standards Assurance and Back-Of-House support checklists within the company safety system
* Provide technical knowledge and operational support to the Ground Ops team via support visits
* Work with the Customer Services team as appropriate to ensure effective use of the Standards Assurance module covering all areas of the airport process.
* Develop and maintain training and support material as required in relation to the back-of-house environment.
* Support the delivery team in identifying and implementing operational efficiencies. (e.g. baggage performance, turnaround efficiencies, WIWO, etc.)
Key Skills Required
* Detailed understanding of Back of House activities (e.g. Ramp procedures)
* Good working knowledge of the regulatory framework i.e. EU Ops, EC1107, IATA AHM and other industry regulations and best practice guidance
* Ability to develop and write clear operational procedures
* Strong planning skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
* Very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
* Competent in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
* Excellent presentation skills
* Strong understanding of local culture and pan European experience
* Tenacity and resilience to succeed in a fast paced and demanding environment
* Passion for continuous improvement
* High degree of personal/professional flexibility
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations. To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on Applyor visit our website Apply
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2017
Closes 23 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Health and safety