Intern (m/f) Business Development and Sales Steering, East Meadow, NY
Lufthansa German Airlines offers students the chance to experience a dynamic business environment with an internship at the North American headquarters in East Meadow, N.Y.
All interns are fully integrated into the team while supporting the daily business, as well as working on their own projects.
We are looking for motivated and proactive students who use their knowledge to assist the Business Development and Sales Steering Team, starting on February 12, 2018 for 6 months. Internships are offered only to students who are enrolled at a university for the whole duration of the internship or in their GAP year.
As part of the local team, your tasks may include the following:
- Improve existing reporting of sales organization for frontline staff and management
- Summarize highlights of existing reports and propose recommendations to management for future business growth of Lufthansa Group airlines (Lufthansa German Airlines, SWISS, Austrian Airlines and Brussels Airlines)
- Develop and perform internal and external front line staff presentations for sales and process optimization
- Develop strategic concepts and projects in order to improve efficiency in Leisure and Online sales department
- Support of online sales team with promotions on Apply, Microsites and Online Travel Agents
- Support organization and participate in promotional events for Lufthansa Group
- Monitor the competitive environment; analysis for business plans with emphasis on the Airline Industry
- Support the Lufthansa Group sales team with events including promotions, marketing, and administration
- Advanced student in business administration with strong academic performance or advanced student of related disciplines with a focus on International Business
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find here: Apply/de/faqs-be-lufthansa/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit/
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented, motivated, energetic personality, commitment to customer service
- Previous practical experiences in Sales desired
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Very good administrative skills; ability to handle different projects simultaneously
- Expert PC Skills required (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
- Programming and network/database administration knowledge desirable
- Fluent in English, other foreign languages of advantage
- International background preferred, but not required
- Must fulfill all criteria to get a J-1 visa for the USA
Please apply online in English.
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Lufthansa is one of the world`s leading airlines. As an internationally-operating aviation Group Deutsche Lufthansa is active in the following business fields: Passenger Transportation, Logistics, MRO and Catering. More than 540 subsidiaries and holding companies also belong to the Group. The airline offers more than 235 destinations in 78 countries using currently 615 aircraft, around 420 are used for Lufthansa German Airlines and Germanwings. Around 106 million passengers worldwide place their trust in us each year. The dedication, skills and excellent service of more than Apply employees from almost 150 nations everywhere in the world is one of our greatest strengths.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0198V1536
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2017
Closes 12 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales