Fixed Wing Quality Manager/ Lead
United KingdomYoh Solutions have an active requirement for a Fixed Wing Quality Manager/ Lead for a Global Aerospace and Defence company based in Bristol.
This position is for a Quality Manager/Lead to join the rapidly growing Operations. Building on the success of our clients delivery of support programmes for rotorcraft and Fixed Wing Programs, we now seek to expand this into the Fixed Wing (FW) domain as our client delivers new military and civil programmes in the UK. This is role is initially a 6 month contract role with a possibility to extend and has potential for transitioning into aFull Time role.
The Fixed Wing Quality Manager/Lead will be a member of the Operations management team and report on Quality issues to the FW Programme Manager. He/She will be Form 4 Holder for Quality for UK ACS and will also part of the broader QA team, enrolled to the QA Manager to ensure functional excellence.
Once the team is established, the FW Quality Manager/Lead will then lead a team with staff dedicated to each of BDUK's FW programmes and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate resourcing and tasking of all programme Quality activities. The FW Quality Manager/Lead will be responsible for maintaining budget and managing all supporting quality activities in accordance with programme requirements
Specific duties include:
• Management of the Fixed Wing element of the ACS Quality Management System and its related processes
• Develop, maintain and execute an Internal Quality Audit Schedule for the Functions and programmes
• Support the QA Manager in preparation for external quality audits and formulation of any resulting action plans.
• Lead Auditor for internal audits for functions and programmes and agree any resulting corrective action plans and their effective completion.
• Management of Programme Quality requirements as required.
Work with the QA Manager to drive continuous improvement from a quality perspective. This will include the lead in Process Management activities designed to target specific processes.
• Review potential suppliers for inclusion on the ACS list of approved suppliers.
• Provide training, coaching and mentoring on the Quality Management System and the tools used companywide.
• Provide input on quality strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy.
• Provide regular reports on agreed metrics / key performance indicators as they relate to programme performance, contract requirements and customer expectation.
Support company efforts to ensure that deliverables comply with Customer, Company, Quality, Industry, Regulatory and Statutory requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
Degree in engineering or equivalent relevant subject. Alternatively a combination of qualifications and work experience relevant to the position will be considered
Minimum 10 years in Aerospace / Defence background
Previous Fixed Wing modification and maintenance knowledge and experience
Previous experience of Quality management across several sites
Lead Auditor AS9100 /ISO9001
Project Management qualification and/or PRINCE II
Systems Engineering background / qualification / experience
Quality Management techniques
If you would like more information on this role please call Matthew Warren
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2017
Closes 12 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control
Recommended, similar jobs
Bristol, City of Bristol, England