Supply Chain Technician (M/F)
Responsible for the procurement of material required for inhouse Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) activities and inventory management to ensure adequate material availability and stock levels.
- Purchase material as required, including issuing purchase orders, sourcing new / alternate suppliers/products, etcetera
- Act as first point of contact with suppliers; using purchasing skills to handle customer objections, pricing negotiations and purchase order management
- Maintain supplier performance evaluation including backlog delivery schedule, pricing, updates and changes to customer delivery schedules
- Utilize existing systems to develop and monitor performance towards goals. Communicate and escalate discrepancies to superiors
- Awareness of contractual conditions agreed with the suppliers and monitoring its adherence in daily operation
- Develop and maintain relationships with Original Equipment Manufactures and distributor sources in order to develop suppliers in regards to their delivery performance and quality of the product
- Establish and maintain material data within the system such as min/max, vendor lead time and inventory stock levels
- Perform Material Review Board Evaluation and backlog analysis
- Calculate and maintain rotable pools for repaired condition parts
- Maintain most efficient ratio of material availability and inventory level considering quantity discounts, fluctuation in material consumption and lead times
- Maintain most cost efficient ratio of Original Equipment Manufactures parts and available alternate sources such as PMA's, alternates, parts repair, parts fabrication, Surplus etcetera
- Interface with other internal parties such as production and engineering in order to enhance the material planning process in the overall
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma/GED desirable
- College degree/vocational training: Bachelor desirable
- Professional experience required: At least 3 years of experience in procurement as well as inventory planning preferably in the aviation industry
- Language: English required
- Industry knowledge required: Aviation industry, preferably Maintenance Repair and Overhaul operations
- User IT Knowledge: Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of ERP system
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
About Lufthansa Technik Component Services LLC.
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company. With its six business units (Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, and VIP Services and Innovation) the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximate 800 customers worldwide, a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0470V217
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 11 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Freight