Quality Control Inspector
Wimborne, Dorset, England
The working hours for this role are a rotating shift pattern of; Monday - Thursday 6am - 2pm, Friday 6am - 1.30pm or Monday - Thursday 1.45pm - 10pm, Fridays 1.15pm - 7.45pm. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Quality Control Inspector your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experience of working in an Inspection environment
* Recognised CMM operator training - Preferred
* Internal Auditor desirable
* ONC/HNC level or equivalent desirable
* Familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection
* Familiar with AS9102 FAIR requirements
* Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Able to manage the balance between Independence and willingness to re-assess when new data/information available.
* Familiar with general non-conformance processes
* Ability to interact with Suppliers and Internal Customers
* Ability to programme, operate and interrogate CMM reports
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages
As a Quality Control Inspector your main responsibilities will involve:
* Perform Goods Inwards product quality & supporting paperwork checks (CofC, Purchase Order et cetera) in accordance with business processes (CCP & PFC's). Evaluate conformance to Engineering requirements.
* Inspect partially and fully completed Assemblies to Engineering requirements.
* Conduct Patrol Inspection of random stages to ensure compliance to drawing and process.
* Raise NCRs for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage and support production detected non conformities when required
* Provide ad-hoc business support against specific demand for Inspection/measurement of product where required
* Liaise with Suppliers and Manufacturing staff to help resolve queries when required
* Review completed supplier generated FAI's and Grade 1 part control plans and amend MRP and VisualFAIR systems accordingly
* Compile FAIRs for internal assembly work to provide evidence of conformity of process and product.
* Support Supplier Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering where appropriate
* Perform sample product audits of Ship to Stock parts
* Support the internal Calibration programme for measurement equipment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 25000 - 33000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 11 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Testing