Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
My client, a global leader in the aerospace, space and defence industry, and based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is now seeking an Electrical Technician on a contract basis, to work in the shop floor clean room.
This contract opportunity is for 12 months initially, with the possibility of extension, working a 37 hour week.
The successful candidate will work within the Mechanisms team to deliver spacecraft critical components on quality, on cost and on time. They will produce a consistent high-quality product in line with production paperwork and will undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
Products include SADMs (Solar Array Deployment Mechanisms), ADTMs (Antenna Deployment and Trim Mechanisms) and Cryogenic Coolers.
The candidate will liaise with production control, shop floor engineering and inspection.
The role will include the following tasks:
* Working as part of the AIT team on spacecraft critical mechanisms products. To consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
* Ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
* Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
* Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes and health and safety requirements.
* From time to time you may be asked to work off site, this may be in UK or abroad.
* To play an activate part in continuous improvement activities.
Ideal candidate profile:
* Familiarity with shop documentation such as drawing, work instructions and bill of materials to standard processes and procedures will be an advantage. All applicants will be required to work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
* Must have good electrical knowledge and technical understanding, with qualifications or experience to suit.
* The candidate will have a minimum of 3 years electrical experience.
* GCSEs in Maths and English or equivalent are required
* ESA Electrical qualification
* The mechanism products are high precision components and with that comes a demanding build phase. It's essential that the successful applicant will be able to cope with this type of environment and show great attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
* Externally accredited skills.
* Time Served Craft Electrical Apprenticeship
* £17/hr Ltd Company rate (plus £3.40/hr allowance for shift work)
* The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
* Experience of working within an aerospace industry would be an advantage.
* This department currently works to shifts. The most frequently used shift patterns are:
Early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs. Late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Some weekend working Saturday or Sunday may be required at peak times.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply with your updated CV immediately or call Hannah at Line Up Aviation Apply.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
- £ 17 - 20.4 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2017
Closes 8 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer