Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
My client, a global leader in the aerospace, space and defence industry, and based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is now seeking a Production Controller on a contract basis.
This contract opportunity is for 6 months initially, with the possibility of extension, working a 37 hour week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the control of business unit/customer orders. This is achieved by efficient management and expedition of procured and manufactured items, as well as solely controlling the flow of work required to meet the delivery of a product to cost and schedule. This role reports to the Production Control Manager.
The candidate will liaise with all aspects of manufacturing, assembly, Integration and test (in both the UK and France) i.e. all manufacturing/AIT facilities, Goods Inwards, Goods Inwards Inspection, Stores, Manufacturing Engineering.
The role will include the following tasks:
* Input into and maintain Production Schedules.
* Maintain a detailed knowledge of the 'live' status of products in the production controllers 'product' remit.
* Ensure kits/works orders are released to Assembly / Integration / Test (AIT) on time and expedite them to meet the planned delivery dates.
* Support the manufacturing area manager with work centre forecasts from the company stock control/forecasting tool. Give visibility to the Production & Manufacturing Managers at the weekly operations reviews.
* Regularly create and review the status of works orders in their 'product' remit.
* Manage material supply issues to avoid potential delivery slippages.
* Timely release of purchase requisitions.
* Ensure full traceability for all products issued to manufacturing.
* Monitor drawing release activity and adherence to production schedules. Report any delay, investigate impact/recovery and ensure project are charged for respective changes to schedule/effort.
* Input and maintain production data required by the company stock control tool.
* Effectively report status of product to core project and manufacturing teams.
* Analyse and report potential impacts derived from the 'Shortage Risk Reports'.
* Propose solutions in the event of shortages.
* Identify schedule recovery opportunities from changing production work flow.
* Investigate customer orders on receipt and notify project management to any non-conformance i.e. requirement outside of nominal SAP lead-time/ direct charges budget etc.
* Manage the transfer of materials to satisfy project/company demand, paying particular attention to ITAR/IPR & EEE items.
* Fully support shipments from AIT in accordance with LDS.0096.
* Advise on kit issues/anomalies with the shop floor and ensure kits have been picked as identified on the 'kit shortage report'.
Ideal candidate profile:
* Must show knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, materials management and comprehensive knowledge of using a stock management tool.
* Will need to have A-Level grades (or equivalent) and be computer literate (competent with the MS Windows, Office environments) with good communication skills - a quick learner, flexible & adaptable and an 'eye for detail'.
* Progress chasing activities.
* Reporting to internal & external customers.
* Working within a Production Control team.
* Leading a small team.
* Extensive experience of working in a manufacturing environment within Aerospace/defence industries.
* Extensive experience using an MRP/ERP tool (preferably SAP).
* Knowledge of how to interpret information from P3 (Primavera).
* Able to work in volatile/high pressure environments to resolve material supply problems.
* Able to prioritise workload effectively.
* Experience with Bill of Material (BoM) management.
* Confident to communicate clearly to all interfaces.
* Can work on own initiative.
* Implemented an MRP system (preferably SAP).
* Manufacturing systems degree or other relevant qualification.
* Leading a small team.
* Able to read engineering drawings.
* Circa £19/hr Ltd Company rate, depending on experience.
* The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply with your updated CV immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
- £ 19 - 19 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2017
Closes 8 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Project manager