Product Manager IT (m/f)
We are looking for a product manager IT (m/f) to join our growing NetLine/Crew team.
At NetLine/Crew we develop, implement and maintain systems helping airlines to optimize their entire crew management processes and thus enabling them to lower operations costs, raise crew productivity and react quickly to operational changes. With an internationally distributed team working mainly from Berlin, Frankfurt and Budapest, we are currently supporting over 40 renowned airlines worldwide.
As a product manager IT we offer you the chance to take on the responsibility for the technical and commercial steering as well as the constant improvement of our product NetLine/Crew. Challenging and diverse tasks as well as exciting personal development opportunities within a dynamic industry are waiting for you.
- Defining and implementing the product strategy, which involves responsibility for the business plan, monitoring product profitability, refining the product, providing a functional definition of the product and preparing road maps, advancing product development in line with the vision, as well as providing a definition of product profitability monitoring for sales targets and pricing concepts
- Being responsible for functional product descriptions and release documentation as well as for preparing and updating the product documentation (flyers, product presentations, value arguments and standard contracts)
- Reaching agreement on commissions and accepting specifications and product developments with the specialist departments; performing continuous tracking and checking of product developments
- Performing regular analyses of the market and competition, customer requirements and product positioning as well as trends; providing assistance with sales activities
- Developing concepts for and implementing product communication and product marketing initiatives, including conducting product training for Sales and the product consultants in addition to branding in product events on social media, user forums, campaigns as well as internal and external public relations activities
- Managing product capital expenditure, project and revenue monitoring, drawing up and presenting business plans for the purposes of innovation and investment management and, where necessary, managing product-specific investment and innovation projects
- Attending conventions and being a member of international bodies
- Conducting studies and analyzes at customers as well as consulting of existing and potential customers
- University degree in a relevant area
- Profound knowledge of crew planning and crew management processes common in the industry as well as corresponding IT applications, good knowledge of the market (products, services, customer needs) and newest trends
- Experience in marketing integrated software solutions within crew planning and crew management as well as experience within product management and a sound technical understanding are a plus
- Ability to think analytically and conceptually
- Good people skills, integration capacity and highly developed capacity for interdisciplinary and holistic work
- Strong communication and representation skills, ability to concisely present complex issues to customers, management and other stakeholders as well as good moderation and presentation skills
- Negotiating skills and assertiveness as well as strong customer and service orientation
- Willingness to take over responsibility and to prepare decision guidelines with regard to economic, technical and strategic aspects
- Strong strategic and entrepreneurial understanding as well as innovative thinking
- Solution-oriented approach, ability to work under pressure, self-starting qualities and flexibility
- Very good English skills as well as intercultural competence
- Willingness to travel and perform on-site operations at customers locations worldwide
About Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co. KG
Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co KG is a leading airline IT provider. Based on long-term project experience, a deep understanding of complex business processes and strong technological know-how, the company provides consulting and IT services for the global aviation industry. Over 300 airlines worldwide rely on the know-how of IT specialists at Lufthansa Systems. Its portfolio covers innovative IT products and services which provide added value for its customers in terms of enhanced efficiency, reduced costs or increased profits. Headquartered in Raunheim near Frankfurt/Main, Germany, Lufthansa Systems has offices in 16 other countries.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0120V085
If this is you, please apply online.
Posted 11 Oct 2017
Closes 10 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Airline IT