Buyer / AOG Coordinator (M/F)
- Generate aircraft availability according to service level obligation for the assigned accounts utilizing assets and sourcing
- Process and coordinate material supply for assigned accounts
- Provide material services for ad hoc and scheduled customer inquiries
- Act as the interface within Lufthansa Technik, the customer and other business partners
- Purchase, loan and expedite material using the most economical means in-order to meet our customer's demand. Work independently on material sourcing and coordination tasks
- Capability of coordinating multiple high priority requests in an organized, urgent manner while providing excellent customer service.
- Process, coordinate and document all material requests
- Proactively work on claims and discrepancies as they occur
- Initiate, coordinate and track shipments in cooperation with freight forwarders in-order to fulfill customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Attend customer meetings and conference calls
- Additional duties include material supply during heavy maintenance visits (HMV), ensuring correct cost booking, data entry per Lufthansa Technik's procedures, monitor customer orders, supporting functions and other tasks as assigned
- Work with various Lufthansa Technik systems, such as SAP, MAX-LRU and input data in Electronic Data Processing systems in compliance with Lufthansa Technik procedures
- Work according to, and support the Quality Management System
- Process documentation according to instruction and procedures
- Perform support functions and deputized duties as directed
- Candidate has to be able to pass security background check as well as drug test
- High school diploma/GED required
- College degree/vocational training: Bachelor desirable
- Professional experience: At least 3 years required
- Language: English required, German and other desirable
- Industry knowledge desirable: Aviation Industry Experience for example Aircraft Mechanic, A&P License, Maintenance Controller, Purchasing, MRO, Airline Tech ops, Material Planner, Material Buyer, Maintenance Planner, Sales @ OEM, MEL, IPC, ATA, CMM familiarity, Maintenance Knowledge, Military experience
- Expert knowledge required
- IT Knowledge as expert: Microsoft Office, SAP
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
About Lufthansa Technik Component Services LLC.
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company. With its six business units (Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, and VIP Services and Innovation) the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximate 800 customers worldwide, a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0470V213
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2017
Closes 8 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Airline manager