Accounting Clerk (M/F)
The Corporate Office of Lufthansa Systems Americas Inc, located in Irving, TX part of the Dallas Metropolitan Area, is seeking an Accountant Assistant to support the daily Accounting and Administrative routine of its US Headquarters, supporting routine tasks pertaining to all its branches and subsidiaries in the Region Americas as required.
- Responsible for checking and coding vendor invoices, credit memos in terms of commercial and taxation regulations
- Ability to make accounting postings in conformity to certain requirements. Debit, credit and total accounts on computer databases using specialized accounting software
- Check invoices for correctness (mathematical and relevance) and coding the cost center, general ledger account and vendor account
- Independently accomplishment of clearing of vendor accounts. Clearing and controlling of all accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintenance and control of balances of general ledger accounts. Maintenance, control of balances of the current accounts
- Independent accomplishment of tasks related to the monthly and year end closings and other related tasks
- Create new assets according to the companies rules, classification of the correct asset class and cost center
- Determine and control payments due dates for invoices. Support payment run, bank transfers and bank postings
- Support all Administrative and Accounting related tasks and processes of internal customers
- College degree/vocational training: Bachelor desirable
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience required
- Language: English required, German desirable
- Industry knowledge desirable: More than 2 years of experience with accounting systems and process
- User IT Knowledge: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting software is required, expert knowledge of Excel is a plus
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
*CV/Resume and Cover Letter required
About Lufthansa Systems Americas, Inc.
Lufthansa Systems provides consulting and IT services for selected industries and has a leading position in the global aviation industry. The wholly-owned subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group offers its customers the entire range of IT-services, including consulting, development and implementation of industry solutions as well as operations. At its headquarters in Kelsterbach near Frankfurt/Main, Germany, the company operates one of the most modern data centers in Europe. Lufthansa Systems has offices in Germany and 16 other countries and employs about 2,800 people.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0472V036
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2017
Closes 8 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Flight operations