Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Crawley, West Sussex, England
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Title : Manufacturing Quality Control Engineer
Our client is widely recognised in the industry as one of Europe's leading cabin interior and support companies .
To develop, implement and continually improve quality systems related to manufacturing that will result in zero defects internally and externally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage the overall Quality Control Plan for all steps in the manufacturing process from incoming material to shipping of finished goods.
* Prepare and implement Quality Inspection Instructions specific to each work area and product type in the manufacturing process.
* Train Quality Inspectors to follow Quality Inspection Instructions.
* Perform QC audits (under Group Head of QA guidance) to ensure that all procedures and instructions related to the QMS are adhered to.
* Lead the investigation of customer non-conformance reports and all responses using problem solving methodology.
* Provide technical support for issues related to new products, new customers, and/or qualification of new equipment and personnel.
* When required, provide support to purchasing for evaluation and qualification of new suppliers, or continuous improvement activities of existing suppliers.
* Perform random quality checks (QC Audits) on the relevant production processes.
* Track and prepare monthly reports for internal and external quality performance metrics.
* Support Engineering in process development, equipment selection, and process flow activities in the manufacturing operation.
* Visit customers and suppliers as required to investigate non-conformance issues.
* Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities related to product, processes, and quality system. This includes halting the production of any product to correct quality problems.
* Identify and record any problems related to the product, process, or quality system.
* Initiate, propose, or provide solutions through designated channels
* Verify, or participate in the verification of, implemented solutions
* Control further processing or delivery of non-conforming product until the non-conformity has been corrected
* Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions related to the Quality System.
Appropriate engineering qualification or related field
* Prefer either trained QMS auditor or FAI Inspector
Minimum Experience Required
* 3 years' experience in Quality related position (manufacturing environment)
* 1-2 years in an aviation maintenance/production environment
* High level of proficiency with MSOffice applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Ability to read CAD / technical drawings.
* Experience leading problem solving processes and use of basic quality tools.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Salary: £40k pa plus benefits
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: Crawley, UK
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Neil Leighton at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency
- £ 40000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2017
Closes 6 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Quality control
Recommended, similar jobs
Bristol, City of Bristol, England