Kansas City, Kansas, United States
***This will include all of the following positions: Airframe Lead, Systems Lead, Interiors Lead, and Flight Control Lead***
Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to insure airworthiness. Utilize technical skills and resource management abilities to train and develop mechanics. Assist Leads with daily operation of functional area. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings, engineering orders, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement, or modification.
- Recognizes unsafe conditions and takes immediate corrective action.
- Assist Leads with planning, production, and quality assurance of assigned projects.
- Mentors and develops mechanics assigned to their functional areas.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete all company required reading.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs
- Oversee and co-sign for uncertified mechanics in accordance with the RSM procedures.
- Responsible for signing off OJT in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Must have detailed knowledge of specialty area, paperwork and publications and an understanding of technical information in order to troubleshoot problems.
- Must have broad overall knowledge of aircraft systems and major components.
- Ability to calculate basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Meet aJ) regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
- Ability to reason, organize and solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must hold an appropriate airman's certificate in accordance with FAR 65 and must have had at least one year of practical experience in the procedures, practices, inspection methods, materials, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in the area of their responsibility.
- Applicable Repairman or Airframe and/or Powerplant license.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up.
- The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high.
- May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- This position requires the use of a respirator.
Please send resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 7 Oct 2017
Closes 6 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager