Tooling Jig Builder
Stuart, Florida, United States
STS AeroStaff Services , a leader in recruitment process outsourcing for the aviation industry, is seeking a Tooling Jig Builder with 2-to-5 years of experience. This position is in Stuart, Florida. We offer our professional staffing services at no cost to you, the candidate.
To plan, develop, layout, fabricate, construct and repair a variety of complicated and complex tooling as required to support all facets of aircraft manufacturing. Such tooling will include all types of production jigs and fixtures, templates, bonding tools, master models, master patterns, master gauges, and trim and form tools. Support existing programs.
- Work from blueprints, engineering orders, tool drawings, tool orders, electronic data, Quality Control procedures, lofts, company, and customer specifications and similar information.
- Perform complex work meeting or exceeding specified tolerances using a variety of precision measuring and calibration instruments and appropriate machine tools.
- Must be skilled and proficient with all types of hand tools, conventional, numerically controlled and specialty machinery, precision and optical instruments, theodilite systems, laser tracking systems, welding and painting equipment, overhead crane and inner-plant vehicles.
- Proficient in laser trackers, with spatial analyzer software and hard gage knowledge.
- Must be capable of and responsible for communicating, coordinating and instructing lower classified Toolmakers.
- Use all types of precision linear, angular and optic measuring instruments and equipment in performing inspection functions.
- Approve and validate acceptable tooling and reject tooling that does not meet acceptance criteria.
- Perform Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts and tooling for which the individual has been delegated Production accountability.
- Prepare and maintain necessary paperwork and records.
- Apply innovative expertise in cost reduction, cycle time issues and schedule requirements.
- Notify supervision of all malfunctions, defects and damages to equipment, material and product or unusual/difficult situations.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and eight years of related jig building experience in the aircraft industry.
- Must be very proficient in the use of laser trackers using spatial analyzer software and hard gage knowledge.
- Must be willing to work any shift and/or weekends to support production demands.
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page or to give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Full time
Posted 7 Oct 2017
Closes 6 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Tooling