Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The Engineer will work with a team of local and overseas engineers to design electronic controls for aerospace applications including the definition of detailed design tasks, design/analysis of electronic circuits, technical oversight of team members; coordination between engineering disciplines; compliance to industry and company design standards; and performance to program requirements, schedule and cost targets.
- Simulate system noise and circuit analysis.
- Verify and assist with project release to production.
- Specify, design, test, and layout circuits, analog, and mixed-signal blocks.
- Development and analysis of: analog, digital and power circuits including µPs/µCs/DSPs, FPGAs, sensor interfaces, motor controllers, linear and switching power supplies.
- Create documentation including hardware design plans, hardware requirements documents, hardware description documents, functional specifications, design specifications, qualification test plans and reports, and component maintenance manuals.
- Support current production designs including quality improvements, cost reduction, component obsolescence and failure analysis.
- Evaluate and approve electronic components to meet requirements for availability, performance and cost.
- Support project planning efforts and ensure execution to schedule and budget.
- Evaluate failures to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Interface and support validation, verification and manufacturing engineers and technicians with product and manufacturing testing.
- Apply knowledge of DOE, FMEA, tolerance analysis, simulation and statistical methods to improve robustness and quality of electronic designs.
Basic Qualifications Required
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 4 years of experience, or MSEE and 2 years of experience, or a PhD degree.
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in analog/mixed signal design.
- Experience with high reliability controller electronics and power switching circuitry is preferred
- Experience with the full DO-254 aerospace hardware development and certification lifecycle including: electrical architecture design, requirements analysis & development, electrical design, development & integration, and qualification testing (DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810).
- Must display excellent teamwork, team leadership and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong experience in hardware and firmware developed in accordance with the requirements of DO-254 (DAL A) is preferred
- Familiarity with software developed in accordance with the requirements of DO-178B or DO-178C Level A is preferred
Please send resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 5 Oct 2017
Closes 4 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer