Technical Engineering Specialist
Bridgeton, Indiana, United States
Technical Engineer Specialist, Structures
Provides in-depth knowledge, skill, and experience relating primarily to aircraft Structures and Interiors as well as associated alteration and repair programs. Conducts daily task activities to monitor, assess, and take appropriate actions needed to maintain aircraft equipment safely, reliably, and economically. Liaises directly with equipment manufacturers and service providers to develop and produce technical data and documents used in the maintenance and repair of company aircraft. Provides after-hours engineering support to Maintenance Control during AOG situations.
· At least 3 years’ experience processing structures engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline).
· Possess Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent level of experience in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline.
· Must have a good working knowledge of FAR’s with emphasis on parts Apply.
· Must be able to analyze Airworthiness Directives and manufacturers service information.
· Must have very competent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to read and write fluently in the English language.
· Possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (preferred required if not degreed).
· Structures and interiors knowledge/experience of Embraer 145 is desired; will consider other aircraft experience
· Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
· Experience using AutoCAD software to produce engineering drawings (preferred).
· Must have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
· Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Basic mathematical competency
· Knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Basic Trigonometry to support engineering analysis
· Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
· Generate engineering documents (EOs / EAs) to specify actions required to comply with ADs and to accomplish service bulletins, alterations, repairs, and the manufacture of company produced parts.
· Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control, Line Maintenance, and Check Maintenance for structural and interiors issues.
· Provide after-hours engineering support during AOG situations
· Generate FCDs for accomplishment of fleet inspections.
· Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet.
· Present engineering proposals to MRB, as required.
· Coordinate interior issues (for example, emergency equipment, galley loading) with applicable departments (for example, In-Flight, Flight Operations, and Ground Operations).
· Other duties as assigned.
- Full time
Posted 5 Oct 2017
Closes 4 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer