Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Stuart, Florida, United States
The candidate will be representing the Manufacturing Engineering Department in meetings with supervisors and manufacturing personnel.
- Expected to be able to trouble shoot assembly processes with Manufacturing Operations and generate technical project/action plans to solve complex manufacturing issues and meet required objectives and goals
- Designs and plans layout for such activities as assembly, machining, metal forming, and materials handling.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans for the arrangement of machines and tooling within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or equivalent
- Six years of related experience
- Some knowledge of six sigma and lean principles is preferred
- Experience in large airframe structures, assembly tools methods and manufacturing techniques is required
- Experience in Manufacturing Engineering, AS9100, Tooling, Standard Tooling, Corrective Action, and to have a good understanding of Manufacturing Bill Of Materials (MBOM)
Please send all resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 5 Oct 2017
Closes 4 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Planning engineer