Quality Manager – Aircraft Maintenance and Modifications
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
The Operations Function encompasses staff conducting Chinook and fixed wing aircraft maintenance and modification activities, together with responsibility for Quality and EHS for the company and is a core growth area for Boeing as it expands its UK activities (currently the function comprises around 200 staff with plans to increase above 500 by the early part of the next decade). The role is based at Bristol and will include periodic travel to other Boeing sites in UK (eg, Lossiemouth, Boscombe Down).
BDUK’s Aircraft Support Quality Management System (ACS QMS) is approved by the MAA and meets the requirements of DAOS, MAOS and CFAOS. The ACS QMS is also certified to ISO Apply, AS9100:C and AS9110:B. This role will be responsible for the definition and subsequent delivery of an EASA Pt145 exposition for fixed wing aircraft MRO activities, and MRP145/MAOS extending the current ACS QMS. The role will include recruitment for and subsequent leadership of the Quality Team to deliver the Assure function for our Fixed Wing programmes.
The Fixed Wing Quality Manager will be a member of the Operations management team and report on Quality issues to the FW Programme Manager. He/She will be Form 4 Holder for Quality for UK ACS and will also part of the broader BDUK QA team, enrolled to the BDUK QA Manager to ensure functional excellence.
Once the team is established, the FW Quality Manager will lead a team with staff dedicated to each of BDUK’s FW programmes and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate resourcing and tasking of all programme Quality activities. The FW Quality Manager is responsible for maintaining budget and managing all supporting quality activities in accordance with programme requirements
Specific duties include:
• Management of the Fixed Wing element of the ACS Quality Management System and its related processes
• Develop, maintain and execute an Internal Quality Audit Schedule for the Functions and programmes
• Support the BDUK QA Manager in preparation for external quality audits and formulation of any resulting action plans
• Lead Auditor for internal audits for functions and programmes and agree any resulting corrective action plans and their effective completion
• Management of Programme Quality requirements as required
• Work with the BDUK QA Manager to drive continuous improvement from a quality perspective. This will include the lead in Process Management activities designed to target specific processes
• Review potential suppliers for inclusion on the ACS list of approved suppliers
• Provide training, coaching and mentoring on the Quality Management System and the tools used companywide
• Provide input on quality strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy
• Provide regular reports on agreed metrics / key performance indicators as they relate to programme performance, contract requirements and customer expectation
• Support company efforts to ensure that deliverables comply with customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements
Travel within the UK is expected and some overseas travel may be required.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Experience within the Aerospace / Defence industry
Previous Fixed Wing modification and maintenance knowledge and experience
Experience of Quality management across several sites
Lead Auditor AS9100 /ISO9001
Project Management qualification and/or PRINCE II
Systems Engineering background / qualification / experience
Quality Management techniques
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Full time
Posted 4 Oct 2017
Closes 4 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager, Quality control