Greenford, Greater London, England
Creation, review and maintenance of manufacturing documentation for all products in line with customer requirements, cost, quality and delivery requirements.
Assures product and process quality and control by designing repeatable and reproducible manufacturing processes; establishing standards and verifying manufacturing processes with Manufacturing technicians and operators; generation and maintenance of process control plans.
Evaluates existing and new manufacturing processes and products through the use of PFMEA and implements improvement actions when risks are identified.
Designs and manages the manufacturing of tooling required to support repeatability and reproducibility, implementing into production in the appropriate manner.
Improves manufacturing efficiency by planning process work flow, defining space requirements, manufacturing tools and layout.
Provides manufacturing engineering support to product and process investigations and delivers reports that include the use of Root Cause Analysis tools and Preventative and corrective action tools and techniques.
Provides manufacturing support to the FRACAS process to reduce defects reported from the shop floor; this includes working with suppliers to reduce defects originating from the supply chain, feeding back to the Engineering
Design Team where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Experience in working in an Aerospace design and manufacturing environment.
* Experience in manufacturing of electromechanical products.
* Knowledge of manufacturing methods for mechanical assemblies and products i.e. machining and fabrication techniques.
* Knowledge of manufacturing methods for PCB/PCBA assemblies and products i.e. soldering and coating techniques.
* Knowledge of manufacturing tools and techniques in a low volume/high complexity environment i.e. Lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodology.
* Proactive at researching and learning about new manufacturing processes and techniques.
* PC Literate: able to use MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office.
* Ability to positively contribute in a team environment.
* Proactive thinker; "can do" approach to resolving issues and completing tasks and ability to "think outside of the box" to suggest new approaches.
* HNC/HND in an Engineering subject as a minimum.
* A working knowledge of IFS would be a distinct advantage.
* A Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 32000 - 41000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 4 Oct 2017
Closes 3 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Project manager