Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Our client is a very well-known and successful airline. They are now seeking a Powerplant Engineer to oversee the continuous airworthiness of all their airline engines and provides technical support for all Powerplant related operational issues.
This is a permanent role based in the south-east UK.
Reporting to the Powerplant Manager, the Powerplant Engineer will:
* Manage & optimise engine removal plans taking in account multiple technical & commercial constraints.
* Maintain & develop the Engine Off-Wing Management programme in compliance with Airworthiness requirements, OEM recommendations, and reliability goals, at lowest cost.
* Prepare workscopes for scheduled and unscheduled engine shop visits and follow-up engine shop visit activity (both technically & commercially).
* Assess Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and all other technical documentation applicable all fleet engines and develop business plans for implementation across their fleet.
* Support the Maintenance Operation Control team for AOG events by issuing detailed troubleshooting instructions.
* Support Reliability & Maintenance Program teams by analysing reliability of engines & engine components.
* Be responsible for the analysis of Engine Condition Monitoring trends using OEM software.
* Monitor performance of the engines against contractual guarantees with OEMs and administrate warranty claims if guarantees are not met.
* Support the introduction of the LEAP-1A engine into their fleet in close coordination with the OEM.
Ideal candidate profile:
* Degree in Engineering with a minimum of two years' experience in airlines/OEM/MRO environment.
* Familiar with airframe & engine manufacturer technical documentation as well as EASA Part M & Part 145 regulations.
* Have excellent analytical & problem solving skills
* Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (and in particular Excel), and have strong IT system skills
* Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
* Commercially aware with a strong focus on cost
This full-time role will be based in Luton (UK) and will be 40 hours per week.
* Free parking or discounted public transport to work scheme
* Competitive base salary
* Up to 20% bonus
* 25 days holiday
* BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
* 7% pension
* Life Assurance
* Flexible benefits package
* Excellent staff travel benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position, you meet the above requirements and you already possess the right to live and work in the UK, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
- £ 41000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 4 Oct 2017
Closes 1 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Product support