Master Production Scheduler
Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention.
Role: Master Production Scheduler
Owner of the supply plan for the factory effectively optimising capacity, and inventory while meeting customer requirements.
* Integrating the forecast from Sales & Business Development for the business unit; effectively balancing the budget, forecast, and backlog to create a supply plan monitoring the factory capacities, inventory & customer requirements; producing a master production schedule to control and pace both internal production and the external supply chain. Providing these analyses to the monthly SIOP process.
* Lead the strategic make/buy process.
* Coordinate the Strategic planning of the planning BOM & routing structure
* Defining and implementing balanced production plans and levelled schedules.
* Conduct rough cut capacity planning.
* Establish planning time horizons with Order entry and provide analysis and commitments on orders inside planning time fences.
* Conduct available to promise analysis and establish scheduled ship dates on all customer orders.
* Conduct scenario analysis, recovery plans, and coordinate New product introductions and end of life planning balancing inventory and demand requirements
* For DoD contracts ensure proper WBS and cost account structure to ensure cross contract planning and procurement while maintaining compliance to DFAR and MMAS.
* Review the relevant customer commitments and performance metrics
* Loading the master production schedule and driving MRP
* Ensuring alignment between MPS and sales order/contract requirements
* Track production to schedule to ensure meeting committed delivery dates.
* Lead efforts in job variance analysis to ensure BOM accuracy.
* Conduct material availability analysis for proposed schedule changes
* Monitor material budget vs actual
* Owner of Supply Plan for SIOP process
* Self starter capable of chasing issues to resolution
* Detail oriented.
* Understand other business needs and goals.
* Problem solving & decision making
* Have perspective into other points of view.
* Anticipate needs and respond to concerns and conflicts.
* Excellent computer and analytical skills
* Ability to deal with all levels in an organisation.
* Managing Time & Priorities
* Working in Teams; Build rapport and credibility with colleagues.
* Customer Orientation
Qualifications and Experience
* 10 years' experience working as a planner, scheduler, production control, and buyer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
* Prior master scheduling experience in a matrix organisation
* APICS certification (not essential)
* Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
* Project management experience
* Understand standard enterprise resource planning (ERP)
* Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
* Have detailed knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, product definition, inventory control, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning shop floor control, warehousing, transportation, and purchasing business functions.
Key Measures and Milestones
* Workstation utilization
* Number of expedites
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Apply
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency
- £ 50000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 3 Oct 2017
Closes 31 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Planning engineer