CNC Setter- Operator - 3 Axis
CNC Setter/Operator - 3 Axis
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for time served CNC setter/operator's to work for a growing aerospace company based in Nottinghamshire.
My client supplied components to the civil military and Aerospace and Defence industry sectors, and have a vision to develop these and wider markets making the working environment fascinating and challenging
As a CNC Setter - 3 Axis you will be:
Reporting directly to the Machine Shop Team Leader, residing within the Manufacturing Supervisors area of responsibility within the operations team.
Core/ Key Responsibilities:
* Experience of running HAAS, DMG (mainly) & Hermle machines - to cover multiple programs & product spread.
* Experience of working multiple machines.
* Setting and operating above machine types (Spindle probing, Datum setting, key characteristics and G,D&T, tool
* offsetting, program selection/saving, Balluff handling).
* Reading 2D engineering drawings.
* Recording productive time on manufacturing systems and managing Route Cards.
* Involvement in team activities such as 5S, TPM, SQDCP board discussions, OEE and other improvement activities.
* Promoting and maintaining a safe work environment and practices.
* Self-inspection of parts produced, resolving Non-Conformance (NCR) issues.
* Experienced use of standard measuring systems and methodologies.
Qualification and skills:
* The Ideal candidate will have an academic background if possible with NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering.
* Requires time served on programming / editing via Haas control systems (Fanuc or Mazak will also be considered).
* Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high
* tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
* Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
* Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
* Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.
* Able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/nights, some weekends or days)
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
We would love to contact all of our candidates however if you have not heard from us within 14 days unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.
- Full time
Posted 2 Oct 2017
Closes 1 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Tooling