Senior MRO Vendor Executive
Horsham, West Sussex, England
Senior MRO Vendor Executive
New permanent opportunity for a Senior MRO Vendor Executive based in West Sussex, working for an established and world leading engine and component MRO.
The Senior MRO Vendor Executive Role
This is a critical role in helping to achieve company objectives with regards to the key processes within MRO. The Senior MRO Vendor Executive will be expected to demonstrate an ability to motivate others, generate and trial ideas to improve efficiency, and be capable of deputising for Team Leaders when required. Seniors must lead by example and ensure company standards are instilled in staff.
* Demonstrate leadership skills including the ability to understand and maximise the motivation of individual team members in the absence of the Team Leader
* Help prioritise workload and assist the Team Leader by providing approachable on-going support and direction towards individual team members
* Support the Team Leader in the maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as agreed with the management team.
* Communicate ideas to the Team Leader and help facilitate any data collection or associated activity as required to implement change in a structured process.
* Help identify staff training requirements and work with the Team Leader to assist in the implementation of suitable supported development programmes.
* Upon identification of performance issue, discuss with Team Leader any action points related to supporting individual team members.
* Supporting the Team Leader in maintaining and ensuring team compliance with relevant company procedures.
* Representing the team in meetings upon absence of the Team Leader
* Day-to-day communications with allocated vendors to ensure productive relationships are maintained.
* Ensuring we are maximising stock optimisation opportunities through expediting
* Overseeing Zendesk ticketing system ensuring tickets are actioned in a timely manner
* Ensuring back-to-back order progressing is monitored and reviewed
* Actively negotiate reductions in repair shop quotations
* Reviewing and approving quotations up to $10,000
* Ensure that embodiment loans or donor units are sourced and supplied
* Ensuring KPIs are being met and performance is in line with Customer contracted terms
* Dealing with any escalated queries Potential visits to Vendors
* Any other reasonable and appropriate tasks as requested by the management team in order to meet the needs of the business.
* Excellent analytical skillStrong customer service skills
* Good presentation skills
* Proven negotiation skills
* Ability to deputise and share responsibility for the performance of the team.
* Good commercial acumen together with the ability to take a timely and considered decision.
* Passionate and commitment to meeting targets.
* Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and in writing, dealing with a range of audiences inside and outside the organisation.
* Ability to represent the team in internal meetings.
* Knowledge and experience of critically reviewing processes with a view to identifying and implementing potential efficiencies.
* Demonstrated competence in computer skills including proficiency in popular Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience within Commercial Aviation industry preferable, particularly in a component trading or MRO environment.
* Good educational background.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations. To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on Applyor visit our website Apply
- Full time
Posted 28 Sep 2017
Closes 28 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Airline manager, Airline marketing, Airline purchasing