Swansea (Abertawe), Wales
PURPOSE OF JOB: To apply a wide variety of paint finishes to modules, furnishing units, composite sub-assemblies and detail components. To achieve a high quality finish on various substrate including aluminium, composites and polycarbonate.
KEY AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Using various paint systems including: High solids epoxy topcoats, low solids epoxy topcoats and primers, polyurethane primers and topcoats, water-based primers and topcoats, acrylic primers and topcoats, epoxy etch primers.
* Masking to drawing requirements to ensure that correct finish is achieved and decorative laminates are protected from contamination.
* Preparing surfaces for priming and top coating.
* Polishing where required, by hand or air tools.
* Maintaining spray equipment.
* Carrying out viscosity checks.
* Correct use of PPE including Air fed breathing apparatus.
* Organising workload to achieve output with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ideally will have served a recognised apprenticeship in paint spraying, or have experience in a similar environment.
* Ability to learn new processes and use new product /paint systems.
* Must have previous experience painting galley builds and panels
* Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team when required.
* Required at all times to be pro-active and possess a positive attitude.
* To be able to work with the minimum amount of supervision.
* Must be prepared to undertake all reasonable tasks, which are determined, by business needs and program requirements.
* Must work in a safe and orderly manner, which promotes a safe clean environment, and also be compliant to company Health and safety procedures and requirements.
- £ 0 - 14.5 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 28 Sep 2017
Closes 28 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Composites