Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Duration: 6 months
My client - a leading Defence & Aerospace company - require a Manufacturing Engineer with an understanding of the production process for Carbon Fibre to join their team in Farnborough on a 6 month contract basis.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to undergo SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this requirement.
Description of the Job:
A new role has been created for a Manufacturing Engineering (ME) inside the project team based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK. The scope of this role is to deliver ME solutions to the new production system which delivers the Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment in line with business requirements.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
As a key member of the production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to provide hands-on enablement of design intent into a qualified lean production system for UAVs platforms to Safety, Quality, Cost and Time through:
· Creating MRP system shop floor routings / job card definitions / shop floor standard operating instructions(SOIs) / quality care cards
· Technical dossiers and support to procurement activities, supply chain monitoring and Make v Buy decisions (including benchmarking).
· Use of the Airbus CAD(CATIA v6, Solidworks) & PLM (Windchill) toolset and BOM(SAP) administration/configuration control (co-ordinate with design)
· Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain.
· Application of APQP as appropriate
· Perform Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams
· Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance)
· Liaison with Manufacturing System Engineering. (Process flow, line balancing, capital investment items, facilities requirements)
You will also be responsible for:
· Deriving production KPIs in conjunction with operations teams.
· Continuous Improvement of the production system in line with business targets
· Enable Health and Safety target achievement.
· Enablement of the "Right First Time" Quality culture with associated business systems and feedback loops
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Innovative, agile and self-driven in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
· Demonstrable experience in a Manufacturing Engineering discipline
· Knowledge of CFRP part fabrication / layup production techniques
· Knowledge of Aerospace Production and assembly techniques and standards
· Experience creating or improving production systems, teams and facilities.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues
· Able to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
· IT & CAD Skills
· English to Negotiation Level
· Able to obtain UK SC Clearance
· Flexibility to support multiple locations.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 25 Sep 2017
Closes 25 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Composites