Lymington, Hampshire, England
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Lead and oversee projects from nomination through to production, ensuring delivery, cost and quality targets are met. Provide support to other programmes as required and to the development of project management processes and working practices.
Duties and responsibilities
* Managing and leading the cross functional project team.
* Define and manage the project deliverables in line with the project plan.
* Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
* Monitoring project progress and performance.
* Interface with all project stakeholders, including Customers and Suppliers to agree baselines, control changes and resolve programme issues as they arise.
* Work cross-functionally to ensure flow-down of customer requirements within Engineering and Production.
* Loading and maintaining the project structure (structure and Routing) within the company's ERP system to ensure ongoing accuracy.
* Ensure activities are conducted in line with Safety, Quality and Environmental systems and focussed to achieve customer expectations.
* Develop and maintain customer relations and act as the voice of the customer. Coordinate and Supplier Production Technical Package submissions in support of pre-production approvals.
* Maintain all project documentation as required, including Quality, Cost and Delivery dashboards, Technical documentation and project risk registers.
* Maximise profitability of new and existing projects.
* Support preparation of the commercial and technical response to customer RFQ's.
* Oversee / preparation of the development of cost and lead-time reduction programmes in line with customer expectation.
* Customer focused with proven business acumen.
* Highly competent Project Management skills, knowledge and experience in relevant fields of automotive, engineering or manufacturing.
* Challenge inefficiency and apply improvements to increased performance - strive for a continuous improvement of best practices both at the project and functional level.
* Proven track record of successfully introducing new products to agreed Cost, Quality and Delivery targets.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the confidence and ability to present to groups from all disciplines and levels.
* The ability to take the initiative and where appropriate to work with the minimum of supervision.
* Confident in managing multiple project schedules simultaneously with the ability to manage their time and to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* To have a sound understanding of quality management systems - ISO9001 and AS9001 standards.
* To be able to apply reason and persuasion, when needed, to ensure on time deliveries.
* Self-motivated with excellent analytical, organizational, report writing and problem solving skills.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Technical Project Management role in an industrial, Defence or Automotive role - Essential
* Professional Project Management qualifications/Training, ideally PRINCE qualified or APM/PMI practitioner - Desirable
* Strong mechanical engineering background, ideally an HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering - Desirable
* Experience of AS9100, or equivalent, quality management system - Desirable
Personal Skills / Attributes:
* Willing to carry out a variety of duties.
* Motivated and a self-starter able to work on own initiative.
* Able to communicate in oral and written formats at all levels.
* Able to work in a team environment or alone.
* Work to a high standard of accuracy.
* Well-presented and confident.
PC skills - Microsoft office suite
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 37500 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2017
Closes 22 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Project manager