NPDI Manufacturing Engineer - Chemical Processes
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
I am recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer, specialising in Chemical Processes to join our New product introduction team. The team is responsible for development and industrialisation of new products in to the business. As part of the NPDI team the role will be customer focused and pivotal to the successful growth of the business.
Role Accountabilities - Specific to chemical processing - Electroforming, Chemical milling, chemical etching.
* Manage small and large NPDI projects from a Chemical Manufacturing perspective, working with customers to take new products through industrialization and the gated process
* Create and manage capital appropriation requests for bringing new equipment into the business
* Develop process technique sheets and SOPs and create process routing to be used by operations team
* Training and 'hands on' assistance for Operations personnel throughout the development process
* Calculation and allocation of Standard Hour content within Manufacturing Routings to facilitate monitoring of operational efficiency, accurate capacity planning and support of financial and commercial processes;
* Preparation and submission of relevant documentation where customer approval of processes is required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / Experience
* Qualified to HNC level or equivalent in a Chemical Engineering / Manufacturing discipline or similar.
* Experience in Aerospace or automotive manufacturing
* Familiar with AS9100 requirements
* Experience of a range of relevant manufacturing processes, including CAD CAM, chemical milling (titanium/Inconel), electroforming (nickel/cobalt)
* Team player
* Innovative and embraces change
* Customer focused
* Highly motivated
* Excellent problem solving skills
* MS Project experience
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.
Alternatively if you know of anyone that would be interested in this role then please feel free to let them know.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 35000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- EASA Part 66 - B2
Posted 22 Sep 2017
Closes 22 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Testing