Chard, Somerset, England
The role of Continuous Improvement Lead is a hands-on role to support the delivery of process and product improvement throughout all manufacturing stages, to achieve the business goals and objectives.
* Identifying, implementing and driving continuous improvement activities (6S, Kaizen, SMED) throughout the site, in line with agreed plans to ensure timescales and KPI's are achieved.
* Perform problem identification, Root Cause Analysis, and resolution to improve process, product performance.
* Continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets, and standards set.
* Utilising knowledge and experience to promote and support others in the practical application of lean manufacturing.
* Capture and transfer best practice and lessons learned, including providing support as necessary to ensure a speedy and sustainable transfer of knowledge to deliver improvements.
* Reporting on CI activities and projects to all levels of the organisation, including senior management and Global CI Network.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
* Ideally Educated to Bachelor degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related field
* Work experience gained in the areas of Operations, Quality or Manufacturing
* Conversant and demonstrates application of lean manufacturing principles, and practices - Gemba, 6S, Visual Management, 7 Wastes, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, SMED, TPM, Problem Solving Methodology, Cell Design
* Regarded as objective, open-minded, assertive and self-motivated, having the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Computer literate and statistical knowledge, with an ability to present your findings/results in a clear and concise manner.
* Experience of leading cross functional project teams and workshops.
* Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the business
* Dynamic and energetic
* Well organised and demonstrates a structured, and logical approach to working and delivery of results
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2017
Closes 22 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Tooling