Belfast, Antrim, Northern Ireland
To lead the Operations and Dispatch team to ensure staff are trained and motivated to deliver a consistent, excellent standard of service to our customers. To establish and maintain effective relationships with customer and airport company representatives to ensure a productive relationship is maintained. M onitor operational plans and work in conjunction with the Ramp and Passenger departments and ensure capture of all potential revenue through the FSC system. Responsible for the maintenance of Company Health and Safety policy and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all operating systems and an extensive training record for all aspects of this operation.
- Responsible for all operational staff coverage and holiday applications.
- Ensuring operational cover is maintained at all times
- Responsible for scheduling through the FSC
- To ensure FSC data is entered accurately and flights are closed in a timely manner and ensure cleaning services match what has been entered in FMS GHS.
- Responsibility for motivation and support of staff.
- Responsible for identifying individuals' Training & Development needs.
- Looking at operational needs and rationalisation in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Responsibility for efficient use of company's resources.
- Promoting good relations with customers and airport authority
- Looking after adhoc handling requests communicating information to other airport agencies and dealing with the business development team.
- Deputise for Line Managers and support for other Managers
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High degree of leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and excellent time management
- High degree of discretion and strong decision making skills with a flexible approach
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Excellent communication skills and awareness of customer service
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
- Full time
Posted 16 Sep 2017
Closes 13 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Flight operations