V And V Engineer
Reading, Berkshire, England
Carbon60 are seeking a V & V Engineer for a prestigious client based in Berkshire. As the Verification & Validation Engineer you shall provide a high level of expertise working alongside the Design and Manufacturing Engineering teams to define test strategies and maintaining procedures. The V&V Engineer shall be responsible for our system Verification and Validation process on programmes.
· Liaise with the engineering teams to define and agree programme test strategies and procedures with customers during the development stages of a programme.
· Interface with customers to develop an agreeable working understanding for their test requirements.
· Be the lead in the preparation and implementation of test requirements & strategies keeping programme management abreast with Test Breakdown Structures (TBS) and test matrices.
· Provide the expertise with the planning & execution of test set-ups, jigs, test equipment and data capture required for qualification, ESS & HALT programmes.
· Follow test procedures in the execution of required tests within MIL-STD, DEF STAN, RTCA and industrial standards etc.
· Coordinate with UKAS test facilities ensuring programme test requirements are attainable in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Collate test data and create the acceptance test reports for internal and external customers.
· To support the Engineering teams with verification and validation acceptance and technical risk reduction mitigation in the development stages of a programme.
· Provide guidance and support to the internal test department where necessary
· Manage Official Sensitive test data as defined by our security policy.
· A Degree in relevant subjects which could include Electronics, Physics, Engineering or Similar and a minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar technical position.
Experience and Competencies:
· Familiar with using equipment in electrical testing such as Milliohm meter, Hi Pot testers, Oscilloscopes, VNA, TDR, etc.
· Sound Knowledge of military, industrial British, European and American standards.
· Expert knowledge of environmental and climatic test conditions.
· EMC/EMI knowledge an advantage.
· RF experience/knowledge an advantage.
· IPC Standards, J-STD an advantage.
· Data standards e.g. Ethernet, Can BUS, Hotlink, RS422.
· Experience with programming test or automation equipment would be beneficial.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical report writing, Proficient in MS Office - Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· A flexible approach to deal with interruptions and changes, able to work independently and within a team.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 15 Sep 2017
Closes 15 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Testing