Line Maintenance Control - Leader
Dublin, South Australia, Australia
New Airline Based in Dublin, Ireland
Scandinavian Airlines Ireland Ltd
Position – Line Maintenance Control – Lead/ Manager
Location – Dublin Ireland
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of something brand new, and board an innovative start-up Airline based in Dublin, Ireland. Scandinavian Airlines Ireland aims to position itself as a leading modern carrier, and will be at the forefront of innovation and technology with a fleet of A320neo’s.
The company is looking to build a forward thinking and progressive management team comprised of highly motivated, innovative and entrepreneurial individuals.
In order to realize this, we are seeking to recruit professionals with a ‘can-do’ attitude possessing the ability to think outside of the box when required.
The LMC Lead/ Manager will therefore lead by example, motivate his/her team and create an environment where the team out performs the sum of its parts, and where each team member is valued.
Position Summary Overview
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the MCC liaises between the contracted Line Maintenance AMO and the Planning and Maintenance Records Controller to ensure all line maintenance has been carried out on time and to the required standards. In this respect his duties and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring that Line Maintenance Controllers (LMC) adhere to procedures detailed in this CAME.
- Maintain an LMC shift handover diary to record, work carried out per aircraft, deficiencies encountered, accidents or injuries, LMC shift sign in and any other relevant information.
- Develop and control the LMC’s shift roster to ensure that an LMC is available at all times during the operation.
- Day to day management of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the AMOS maintenance co-ordination module.
- Ensuring that sufficient downtime is coordinated with flight operations for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Provide daily update to the, Technical Services Department on the fleet serviceability status and deferred defects.
- Compile and review all work scopes for all line maintenance.
- Monitor all spare parts movements for items approaching expiry.
- Inform Operations and Flight Crew of any operational restrictions within the fleet.
- Other duties as may reasonably be directed by the Technical Services Manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years experience in a similar leadership and/ or management role
- Desirable - You hold and EASA B1 and/ or B2 License and you are type rated on – Airbus A320
- Desirable – AMOS Experience
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent IT and systems skills
- A strong track record of effectively managing staff
- Ability to analyse and decide a course of action in a timely manner
- Commercially aware
- Experience in outsourced business operations.
You possess the following skills and attributes:
- You are energetic, and demonstrate high standards in relation to safety and quality
- An entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating genuine passion for innovation
- You have a creative and analytical mind
- You possess the ability to take ideas from concept to reality
- You lead by example and possess the skills to motive, develop and lead your team
Formal education is less relevant and takes second place to your professional attitude and experience.
We welcome your application!
DO NOT delay, we expect a significant amount of interest in this position and we are looking to move quickly to fill this critical role.
For further information, please contact Aaron Davidson at CAE Parc Aviation
- Full time
- Airbus A318 / A319 / A320 / A321
- EASA Part 66 - B2
Posted 14 Sep 2017
Closes 11 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Air traffic control