Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE)
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Our client is a very well-known, forward thinking and successful airline. They are now seeking a Compliance Verification Engineer to provide technical engineering support to the airline's operation through the airline's Part 21 Design Organisation Approval.
This is a permanent role based in the south-east UK.
* The successful candidate will join a team of engineers providing 24/7 Part 21 standby cover as part of your job function. Whilst on standby you will be expected to be contactable via company mobile phone and have access to the airline's IT network allowing you to discharge your duties remotely
* You will work in co-ordination with your Maintenance Operation Control Department to minimise the effect of structural complaints on the operation
* Whilst working under the airline's Design Organisation Approval you will comply with the requirements of Design Organisation Handbook and Design Organisation Procedures
* Liaison and correspondence with Type Certificate Holders, Supplemental Type Certificate Holders and third-party Design Organisations on technical and commercial issues
* Act as a focal point of expertise within area of speciality and advise/co-ordinate appropriately within the Engineering and Maintenance Department and other areas of the business
* As part of the team responsible for aircraft structures you will play an essential role in the management of in-service damage and accomplishment of resultant rectification actions in a timely and efficient manner
* Compilation of Engineering Orders and Work Orders, presentation of technical instructions in a systematic, clear and logical manner to the Part 145 maintenance organisation
* Travel within the United Kingdom and internationally, occasionally at short notice and outside of normal working hours to apply your expertise in the field.
* Provide secondary support to the Fleet Engineering EASA Part M function to include, but not limited to, the following:
* Service Bulletin assessments
* Airworthiness Directive compliance
* Safety investigations
* Compilation of Engineering Orders and Work Orders
* Administration of AMOS damage/repair charts
* Support of Fleet Reliability Engineering
* Review of Repair Reports and input of data into the AMOS system
* Aircraft transition activities
The ideal candidate:
* You will hold the position of Compliance Verification Engineer within an organisation holding an EASA Part 21 Design Organisation Approval
* Candidates will have a Professional Aircraft Engineering Qualification (e.g. degree, HNC) and/or vocational training in the form of a recognised Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme
* You will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of Part 21, CS-25 and other airworthiness and regulatory requirements related to aircraft design
* Candidates will be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of aircraft design documentation, equipment approvals and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
* You will have excellent English language and written skills, and be able to communicate at all levels concisely and effectively
* Candidates need to have intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and will be expected to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Basic to intermediate skills of AutoCAD computer aided design software package is desired but not essential.
* You will be willing to travel within the United Kingdom and Internationally, occasionally at short notice and outside of normal working hours
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of:
* The airline Design Organisation Handbook and Design Organisation Procedures
* Aircraft metallic and composite structures
* Certification Specification CS-25 within area of specialism
* Annex Part 21, Section A
* EASA Part M
* Airbus design specifications and maintenance publications
* 40 hours per week
* Free parking or discounted public transport to work scheme
* Access to airline benefits package, generous non-contributory pension, annual bonus & share save schemes
If you are interested in applying for this position, you meet the above requirements and you already possess the right to live and work in the UK, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
- £ 52000 - 52000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 6 Sep 2017
Closes 4 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Design engineer