Corby, Northamptonshire, England
Sector: Distribution / Automation
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Corby, Northampton, Kettering, Peterborough, Leicester
Contact: Gemma Le-Surf Apply
Our client are actively looking for a dedicated maintenance engineer, working as part of the resident engineering team on their customer's new Automated Warehouse system. Based in Corby we are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer with experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within an automated warehouse environment.
The Job purpose for the Maintenance Engineer based in Corby is:
Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required (OSR system, Conveyors, all other equipment within the scope of supply as per the Service Contract agreement)
* Carry out PPM of automation equipment and first line fixes of facilities equipment
* Complete breakdown reports and shift logs including any issues arising on shift which may have or had an effect on the performance of the site equipment and / or the maintenance department using the CMMS
* Liaise with production to ensure workload is prioritised correctly
* Undertake, improvement, repairs and modifications
* Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities
* Learn company administrative procedures, and how to complete worksheets, time sheets etc.
* Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of this role
The successful Maintenance Engineer based in Corby will have the following attributes:
* Hold a ONC / BTEC or City and Guilds in appropriate subjects Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
* Knowledge of programmable logic controls (PLC's) ideally Siemens S7
* A relevant IEE wiring qualification (17th Edition)
* IPAF Licence for Scissor Lift
* Working at Height (Harness)
* Rescue from Height
* Working hours are 8 hour shifts, Monday to Friday between 6am and midnight.
* Salary: £31,296 plus shift allowance of £3,200
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Generous benefits package
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
- £ 31296 - 34496 Per year
- Full time
Posted 6 Sep 2017
Closes 6 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer